Six Session Class: Parenting the Love and Logic Way™
It’s our belief that changing communities involves changing one family at a time. This curriculum helps increase the supply of young people equipped with the character, compassion, and problem-solving skills essential for becoming good neighbors to all.
Over the last four decades great pride has been taken in giving specific techniques that work when the “rubber hits the road.” Parenting the Love and Logic Way™ represents a “how-to” approach to parenting. The participants will learn:
- How to avoid un-winnable power-struggles and arguments
- How to stay calm and empathetic when their kids do incredibly upsetting things
- How to set enforceable limits
- How to avoid enabling and begin empowering
- How to help their kids learn from mistakes rather than repeating them
- How to raise kids who are family team members rather than demanding dictators
- And much more!
Each class involves lively discussion, short video clips, short readings, written exercises, and lots of stories that teach. The Love and Logic approach is fun! You’ll have fun! Have you noticed how much more people learn when they’re giggling?
- Session 1: Putting an End to Arguing, Back Talk, and Begging
- Session 2: Teaching Responsibility Without Losing Their Love
- Session 3: Setting Limits Without Waging War
- Session 4: Avoiding Power-Struggles
- Session 5: Guiding Kids to Own and Solve Their Problems
- Session 6: Teaching Kids to Complete Chores…Without Reminders and Without Pay
Parent Workshops include:
- Introduction to: Parenting the Love and Logic Way™
- Full 6 Session Course: Parenting the Love and Logic Way™
- Facebook groups to provide ongoing support
- Emails, phone calls, and 1-on-1 support